Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Few Surf Shots from Aja

No action shots but I did snap a few pictures the other day which I kind of liked and thought I would share. The break at Aja is becoming one of my favorites here on Okinawa. There are plenty of peaks so there isn't much scrapping for waves between surfers like you see at Sunabe. The locals are nice and don't give new guys any hassles, even got hooted for on a few waves I got out there as an unknown, which was nice.
The surf tends to break smaller than most of the other breaks on the west coast of Okinawa, but also tends to be cleaner.

(local surfers, chatting about the waves, before paddling out)

(In my day we didn't use no fancy boards, 2 mates split a tree and paddled out)

(This guy was so stoked to be paddling out, I had to snap a pic)

(click the image to see full size)

No comments: